20 January 2014

Krafty Tips and Tuts!!! Week #2: Mail Ready Designs by Tangii Crain!

Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tuts!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls will be sharing a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational!  This week our hostess is Tangii!!



Hey yall!  Tangii here with this weeks “Tips & Tutes” post.  Today we are going to make our gorgeous cards a little more “mail ready”, a little eye-candy for the mail man!  Now I don’t mind taking my time making a card that I am proud to give away, but I certainly don’t have the momentum to then spend tons of time on the inside or the envelope!!  Today we’re gonna do just a couple of quick things to make our cards a little more “mail ready”!





To start, I grabbed a couple of cards from last week’s peeks, Prince Charming (Once Upon a Time 4) and Convertible Girl (Let the Good Times Roll).




For this card, I’m keeping things VERY basic.  Now we want to keep the envelopes flat (no layers, no embellies that’ll stick up) cause you know they’ll just get torn off and possibly rip the envelope, so I grabbed some Washi Tape that went with my card pretty well!  Taped on 3 strips and then took one of the sentiments from the set and stamped it right on the tape (you’ll want to add some Embossing Powder and heat set a little to dry the ink here).





For the back I stamped one of the hearts from the Candy Hearts set (and one of the Trinkets sets or Sleigh Mail, etc. would also work fabulously!).  I took my R59 Copic and colored the little shadowed side of the heart, but really it was fine if I didn’t.




For my next card, I added a little more but still keeping it quick and simple!  For the envelope I added some coordinating Washi tape and also stamped Prince Charming in some Red Vivid ink, coloring just the flower to make it stand out.




This time I’m gonna add a little “somethin’ somethin’” on the inside.  I took some scraps that coordinate with the front and added them inside on top of a Vanilla cs panel.  Now here’s the fun part… I didn’t want to stamp Charming inside, because  I wanted a plenty of writing space, so I decided to just add a couple of the flower he holds in his hand.  I could have done the whole masking thing, but honestly that takes too much time for something like this so instead I grabbed some painters tape.




I’m just going to tape over all of the parts I don’t want, everything but the rose  (I can hear Kimmie cringing at my dirty stamp, lol).  Now peel the tape back a little before inking  up the rose (remember you don’t want any ink on the tape!).  Now stamp and color!  Easy peesy!  Decorating both envelopes and the inside took less time than it took me to write up this post!!!  Well that’s it for me, thanks for popping by!

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Eye candy for the mailman! Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to try this! I need to use my washi tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome great tips Tangii! I don't usually do the insides let alone the envies:-) TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the inside and envelopes!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas!!! :))
    I'm too lazy to mask, too...!!! Lol
    I tape over the stamp, then ink, then remove tape. Tee hee!!!
    Great tute!! :))
    I never think to do the envelopes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome, Tangii!! You have done a great job with this tute!! You have inspired me to do more with my envelopes and card insides!! So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a great idea.. quick, simple and pretty! love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...great tips Tangii...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete