31 March 2014

Krafty Tips and Tutes - Week #12: Easter Egg Treat Box/Table Favour!

Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tutes here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls will be sharing a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational!  This week our hostess is KERRY!!!  And she's prepared a fabulous step by step tutorial with with photos and instructions showing how to create an Easter Egg Treat Box featuring our SPRING SWEETIES stamp set!  Enjoy the tutorial and then go ahead and get krafty and make your own!  We'd love to see what you create!!



I have a love/hate relationship with the month leading up to Easter! I absolutely love Cadbury’s Easter Cream Eggs and they start appearing right after Valentine's Day!   Argh!   I have no willpower - and so I fight a battle with myself until they disappear in the weeks following Easter!  But I took one for the team when I found this super cute treat box that’s sized perfectly for the aforementioned egg - I had to buy one to put in my sample, right?!   Cause you wouldn’t want to just look at the empty box - it’s not nearly as cute that way! Ha!

Anyway, I found this treat box here, but she states she found it somewhere else and can’t remember where after much searching. If it’s yours - let us know in the comments and we’ll credit you properly! I switched the sizing up slightly - I have a bit of a rule about how things like this must be symmetrical - so my measurements are slightly different.

Ready? You’ll need:
1 piece of 8.5 x 11” card stock
Trimmer
Scoring board (or blade on your trimmer)
Scor-tape or Red line tape
1.25” circle punch or nestibility
And of course - a Kraftin’ Kimmie stamp of your choice! I’ve used an image from Spring Sweeties for mine!
Assorted patterned papers (a great way to use scraps), ribbon, embellishments and whatever else you’d like to use to decorate your box


For the egg box:
Cut a piece of card stock 5” x 2.75”
On the long side (5” side) score at: 1/2”, 2&1/4”, 2&3/4” and 4&1/2”


On the short side, score at 1/2” and 2@1/4”


Cut all the 1/2” squares out (there are 6)


Punch or cut a circle out of one side and on that same side, add your adhesive tape to the three tabs


Construct the box



For the Cover:
Cut a piece of card stock 8&3/8 x 1 &3/4”

On the long side (8&3/8” side) score at: 3/8, 2&7/8, 3&3/8, 5&1/4, 5&3/4, and 8”


Add adhesive tape to the middle square, and the two half inch pieces on either side


Decorate the front cover and the back if desired.  Adhere the egg box to the cover and then stick the 1/2” pieces to the sides of the box.

Front:


Back:


Side:



So what do you think?  Cute, no?!  I hope you'll give one a whirl!  


Happy kraftin'!


3 comments:

  1. Love it and thanks so much for sharing the tutorial on how you made yours, so sweet hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project - I love that the egg has a base to sit in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this - I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete