12 May 2014

Krafty Tips & Tutes - Week #18: Colouring FUR!!

 Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tutes here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls will be sharing a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational!

This week our hostess is PEGGY!!!  And she's prepared a fantastic step by step tutorial with photos showing how she COLOURS FUR!!!  I can't wait for this!! 
 Enjoy the tutorial and then go get krafty!!!
Hey everyone!  Peggy here with a quick tutorial on how I create texture when I colour fur!  I have used this adorable sleeping monster from the Monster Hugs set for today.

I stamped my image onto Copic X-Press It cardstock and then used my darkest colours to start the fur. Don't worry about it being too tidy, it will all blend later on.

Here is the image coloured up, again don't worry about blending or too much at this point.


I then grabbed some paper towel and wrapped it in some fun mesh ribbon and squirted on some colourless blender and then carefully pressed down on the coloured image.  It is important to do this step before you colour the rest of your image or the whole thing will bleed and blend together.


Here is the image after adding the texture.  At this point you can go back in and add a little shading if desired and finish colouring your image, and clean up any areas that are a little messy.


And here is the finished image on a card!


I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial and you have a great Krafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment