11 August 2014

Krafty Tips & Tutes - Week #30: Grounding Your Image!!


 Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tutes here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls share a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational! 

This week our hostess is Krafty Girl, SHARON!!  And she's prepared a fantastic step by step tutorial on how to GROUND YOUR IMAGE!! Enjoy the tutorial and then put it into action by giving it a try and sharing your cards featuring  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps  in our brand new KKS Krafty Friends group on Facebook!!!  Come on over and join us to keep up with all the latest at KKS, share your krafty creations and just hang out!!


Grounding your image - by Sharon Caudle
Hey everyone! I wanted to take a minute today to show you how I usually ground my images. Grounding your image is important! It gives your image a base to stand on, allows you to create wonderful backgrounds for your images, and keeps them from looking like they're just floating in mid air. As you can see, I've finished coloring up this cutie patootie from the awesome Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Set OH SNAP!  I haven't grounded her yet, so she looks like she's just floating out there.
My favorite colors to use for grounding when I'm not placing my image outside on grass, is E21 and E23. You can ground your image with something as simple as placing a touch of color under each individual foot or object that is touching the ground as below.
You can see the difference immediately from the first picture. I use this method every once in a while, but I usually like to expand it. When you create your ground, be sure to color from side to side, not up and down. Make the ground furthest away from the eye the widest, and gradually bring it forward making it narrower as it gets closer to you.
After you've established your base, then take the darker color (in this case E23) and go along the furthest point (gets darker as it moves away from you), and add a shadow under your image.


 Then blend!   Add a little more shadow if desired, and always blend with the lighter color of the two colors that meet.


All finished and no longer floating in air!


 Hope this helps you achieve a base for your images! Thanks so much for stopping by to see us, and  have an awesome week! Watch for my completed card using this cutie in an upcoming Wonderful Wednesday challenge! Hugs!  Oh!! And the Copics used are listed below


Skin: E000, 00, 11, 04, R20
clothing: R81, 83, 85, and 89
BV02, 04, 08
hair: E51, 53, 23, and 57
Grounding: E21, 23
Phone: E81, R27, C5
I used a Copic multi-liner to create the flowers on the phone case

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Sharon...thanks so much...I always struggle with this, and just kinda wing it...so this was very helpful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to remember to ground my image. It really does make such a difference! I like to use different methods and I am going to add this one! And this color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks beautiful! Love the colors! Also, great tip on the grounding :)

    ReplyDelete