12 January 2015

Krafty Tips and Tuts #47 ~ Valentine's Day Wreath

Good Morning Everyone!

Alexis here to show you how you can make a Valentines Wreath this year!! Below is the finished product.


First I started with my favorite 6x6 paper pad. For this one I used Doodlebug's new line called Lovebugs!! It's super cute and you can find it in the shop HERE! I cut circles using my Cricut in the following sizes 10" (white), 11.5" (white) 6.5" (white), 4.5 (pink).

Once you have your circles you can plug in your glue gun. Next you will need to separate all the papers from the pad and remove any glue stuck on them. Once that is done you will need to pick 16 designs from the papers.

Next you will need to roll them into cones and glue them together.
Once that is done you will then be ready to assemble the first layer of your wreath! Woo Hoo!

On my circle I plotted the middle point using lines from one side to the other. Using those as guideline I placed my cones around and tried to get the same amount within each triangle. Now you can start gluing them down.

Next I started on my second layer. I used another smaller circle (6.5") on which i glued some tulle. Usually when I do this I end up with glue all over my finger which actually helps because then it doesn't get too hot when I push the tulle into the hot glue. :)

Thank goodness or else I would have blisters all over my fingers.With that finished I glued the tulle side down.

I then make another circle but using the accordion fold. When you have finished folding i used a little square of paper with a dab of hot glue and placed the circle on it. I then put another glob a glue on top and another little square of paper on the top of that. I held it for a bit (couple of minutes) to make sure the glue held it in place.

Next you can glue it down on top of the tulled circle! You are almost done now!!

I then used my pink circle with another slightly smaller cut out of one of the left over patterned papers (4") and after having glued them together put them on top of the last circle we added.

I think decorated my project with one of cricut's phrases and my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp!

Fort this project I used Together is Better! She is the most adorable little girl! and that balloon!!

On the back i glued some ribbon and finished off with the last circle so that it hides the ribbon.

Now you are done!!! Hope you enjoyed this Tips and Tuts!!! I look forward to seeing what you come up with in our Facebook group!!






No comments:

Post a Comment