22 June 2015

Krafty tips and tutes - Frantage/UTEE around your image


Hi! Krafty Girl Lisa here with a tutorial.

It's not new, but it's still out there and a lovely way to "decorate" around your image.


I'm talking about Frantage or UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).
It's those larger grains of embossing powder we like to use here.

Frist of all, I colored up my Mermaid from the set Fin-tastic Friends,
and then die-cutted her in the shape I wanted. 



Then comes the fun and tricky part, to sprinkle those grains around the image.
TIP! Just do it little by little! 


The fun part is that you can't have total control of the powder, but it can also be frustrating. 
You can always take a pinch of powder and add to your image for a little bit better control.

If your grains places themself in totally the wrong place (like in the middle of the image or so) you can just take a small brush and shove it aside.


With first part in place, use your heat gun and heat *from below*, that's important as 
the embossingpowder doesn't stick to anyting and you'll blow it away if you try something else.
Watch your fingers so you don't get burned!
That's also why it's easiest to do small parts in a time, so you can hold your fingers in the other end of the paper safely. Also remember to point the heat gun AWAY from  you under the paper, keep attention of what you are doing. *smile*


Continue all away around where you like your decorative "dots".


Here you can see I added some more on top of the first layer.


Finished all the way around. 
Now to make a card with this beautiful girl.

I think you'll notice it's a little bit of glitter in the frantage powder too.
You can totally mix your own out of one or two colors of UTEE, and a pinch of glitter or regular embossing powder.



Go get Krafty!







3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I've tried this a few times and have been completely frustrated when my embossing powder chunks just blow away when I point my heat gun at it. Now I know how to make it work. This was perfect timing for this tutorial as I just gave it a try on Saturday and knew there had to be a better way. I'm going to have to give it a try again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is soooo very Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm trying this one!

    ReplyDelete