31 August 2015

Tuesday Tips & Tutes from KelliJo

HEY Krafty Peeps!  It's me Krafty Girl Kelli here with todays TIPS & TUTES!!!!

Today we are going to do a fun little technique I learned at my last living stamp store.  It's called Distress Stenciling.

It's super simple and subtle.

First, take your favorite color or colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and use them direct to paper.  In my photo you will see I just used a dabber as I only have the refill...


Remember if you use multiple colors make sure you go light to dark! ;)

Gather your perfect pearls/water mixture in a mister and a stencil...



Next, it's a bit different so make sure you follow...

Spray your favorite stencil with the water, perfect pearls mixture then lay it onto the inked card stock.
Press down with your fingers to get good transfer.

 It's hard to capture on film but here is a zoom of the design...

Go ahead and finish your card.... Here I used the beautiful Sweet Summer Sentiments by Becky


BAM!~  Just like that!!!!  :)

OK I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial it really is fast and fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

KJ

3 comments: