27 June 2016

Krafty Tips and Tuts - Combining Stamp sets with four techniques

Happy Monday krafty friends!
Krafty Girl Danielle here with your
Krafty Tips and Tuts for the week.

We love Monday's at Kraftin' Kimmie 
because it's our chance for the DT to show you
something a little different in hopes that we might 
inspire you to try something new!  

Kraftin' Kimmie's stamp sets are not only AWESOME
on their own but they are also great to mix and match
on your creations!  Today I'm going to show you how 
to use four different stamp sets with four different 
stamping techniques.  Are ya' ready?? Great! Let's go! 

The techniques I'm going to show you are:
Triple-Time stamping
Masking
Heat Embossing
Spotlighting

To start I die cut 3 panels with stitched rectangle dies
(sizes are 2 3/4" x 4", 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" and 3 3/4" x 5")
Then I used a temporary adhesive to stack them.
It's important that you make sure they are pretty stuck
to each other so they don't shift when you are stamping
across the panels (trust me I've done that and it's a bummer!) 
You can use a permanent glue to do this - but I like 
to add layers in between after I've stamped so I use
a temporary glue (just enough to keep the pieces together).

This is the panel that will be used for the 
Triple-Time Stamping technique

Now you start stamping - you'll want to make sure that  
some of the parts of your images cross over each panel.

I used the adorable Fairy LovedBuds and Blooms and
part of a sentiment from  Let Your Light Shine for this step.

Notice how the flowers and leaves overlap each other?
This is the second technique - Masking.
 I first stamped each flower on a piece of stick note and 
and then fussy cut each one. The flowers from 
Buds and Blooms are really easy to fussy cut around.  
After layering the flowers I then applied my masks
and stamped some leaves around them.

Next I added the rest of the sentiment by first stamping it 
with Versamark ink and then heat embossing it (technique #3).
This is another sentiment from Let Your Light Shine - 
the fabulous NEWEST stamp set that was just released
earlier this month (such a great versatile set).

This is kind of fun just as it is with the pops of 
color but.... I still have a fourth technique for you
called Spotlighting.  Keep reading to see it :o)

Spotlighting is adding color to just a part or parts of the images.
In this case I kept all my color on the top layer panel only. 
I colored this using my copic  markers and Wink of Stella pen.  
And now this is what we have...

I also added some dots from the Buds and Blooms set and
some pretty little orange butterflies from Butterfly Dreams.

Then I re-heated my embossed sentiment and added some 
dazzling diamonds to the Sparkle sentiment.  After that was
set I finished coloring my little fairy and added a little shading.

When you are finished with all your panels you can gently
take them apart and add a colored cardstock mat to get
more depth and dimension to your layers (now you know
why I said to use temporary adhesive :o).  
Then add your finished panel to a card base (I used
 the largest die for the last panel (size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

Here's the finished card - ta da!! 

Here's an angled view of the layers and 
shimmer on the sentiment and wings (wink of Stella).

As a recap...the four stamp sets I used are:


\

BRAND SPANKIN' NEW - June 2016

 What do you think? Wanna give it a try?  
I hope you enjoyed my Tips and Tuts today
and that maybe I've inspired you just a little! 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, never think to do that many techniques to make one card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card. Thanks for the tips and tuts

    ReplyDelete