23 July 2018

KRAFTY TIPS AND TUTORIALS! - Retiform Technique!

Hello, it's Krafty Girl Marilyn here, and today I'm going to show you how to make a "Retiform" card.  It's super easy and it's a perfect time to use some of those gorgeous inks Kimmie offers in her shop!  I have to say this will be a long and picture heavy post, but well worth it!!

Retiform is just geometrical shapes that intersect one another.  It can be done with any kind of inks and stamps.  Here's the one I will be showing you today!


You can make the shapes any size and any type.  I used the ink Marvellous Mocha to create the shapes/forms.
Now here comes the pictures....lol.


The supplies needed for this card were the inks, paper, post-it notes and stamps.  I've used Beautiful Blooms and Butterfly Dreams.  Now lets get started.


You'll need a piece of scrap paper to create the lines when you are applying the ink.


The first one is made, and then you just continue in this fashion till you have made all the shapes you want in various sizes.


Second one made!  The next picture shows all the shapes I have created.  I chose to do part of the page, but you could fill the whole page with shapes.


Now comes the fun part and will take a bit more time to do, because you have to mask off each section with post-it notes before you stamp.


I'm going to use the Yummy Yellow ink and the Beautiful Blooms stamp for the first triangle.


Here's another masked off area in which I used Mermaid Melody and another Beautiful Blooms stamp.


So, you just continue to mask off and stamp until all the shapes are filled.  There's no precision stamping, it's almost like doing decoupage!


The butterflies from the stamp Butterfly Dreams were stamped using the Purple Pansy Ink. The leaves are also from the Beautiful Blooms stamp set and they were stamped with the ink Lovely Lagoon.

I left the white space to stamp a sentiment from the Butterfly Dreams using the ink Wicked Black.  Here is another card I created using the same inks and the Butterfly Dreams only this time I did the whole card in Retiform.


As you can see I chose to stamp in black ink this time and used the Lovely Lagoon to create the shapes and then I used the Purple Pansy ink to cover any white.  I really love how they both look!
I hope you will give this technique a try and if you do please don't forget to share on the Facebook group!  We love to see what you create!!

4 comments:

  1. So cool! I definitely thought the paper was folded in some funky way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this stunning technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic technique! Well suited to those stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete