18 August 2014

Krafty Tips & Tutes - Week 31 - Vintage Pastel Colouring!

  
 
Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tutes here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls share a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational! 

This week our hostess is Krafty Girl, PEGGY!!  And she's prepared a fantastic step by step tutorial on how to use VINTAGE PASTEL COLOURING!! Enjoy the tutorial and then put it into action by giving it a try and sharing your cards featuring  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps  in our brand new KKS Krafty Friends group on Facebook!!!  Come on over and join us to keep up with all the latest at KKS, share your krafty creations and just hang out!!
 
Hey everyone!  Peggy here with you today for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps tutorial!  Today I am going to show you how I colour with pastel pencils to achieve a sepia or old fashioned look to my images.  

I love my Copic markers but sometimes I just want a different look and feel like playing with something else, that is how I found this technique.  I really like the look and all it takes is ONE pencil and a little patience.  Lets get started!

First I stamped my image, from the brand new HEY THERE, PUNKIN'! set, onto cream coloured cardstock with Walnut Stain distress ink and gathered my supplies I would need. (Pastel Pencils, blending stump, eraser)
 

Next I started to colour!  I used a very light hand for the skin, if you want it darker you can always add more colour.
 

Here you can see that I am laying down the colour a little heavier before blending with the blending stump.
 

Once you are done colouring you can go in and add more colour or remove some with an eraser. 
  

Here is my image all coloured up and ready for a card!
 

I hope you all enjoyed and give this a try soon!

3 comments: