20 October 2014

Krafty Tips & Tutes #36 - Using a Sketch in Different Ways!!!



Welcome to another week of Krafty Tips and Tutes here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Each week one of our fabulous Krafty Girls share a little post with some sort of tip or tutorial for you and we hope you find them inspirational! 

This week our hostess is Krafty Girl, KAREN!!  And she's prepared a great tutorial on how she uses a sketch in different ways for a different look!  Enjoy the tutorial and then we'd love to see YOUR creations featuring this technique with your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!  Be sure to SHARE them over at our new Krafty Friends facebook page!!  We'd love to see you there!!

Today, it is my turn to share a little Krafty Tip/tutorial for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, and given how much I know you card makers love to use sketches, I thought I would share a little tip for using sketches in different ways. 10671442_10152637142981014_2173282834441980076_n 
Recently, Kraftin' Kimmie used this sketch for one of our September challenges, and I thought it was really simple, but packed with possible variations. One of the thing I love about sketches is that they can make the card making process really quick! And the great news is that with a bit of "fidgeting", you can make a whole collection of cards that look totally different using the same sketch. 
 Sketch-1 This was the first version I cam e up with, using one of my favourite stamps from the "Happy Haunting" set and some paper from Doodlebug. For this version, I followed the sketch layout pretty closely, just changing the position of the bow and the shape of oval to accommodate the image I chose. I think it's a super cute version! Sketch-2But then I though I would have some fun and see what would happen if I turned the image 90 degrees to the right. I actually tend to work in landscape a lot because I like the way that the card stands, so turning the image really worked! All the pieces are exactly the same as they are in the first version - same size, same placement. The only thing that changed was the direction of the image. I love that this version shows off a bit more of the paper too! Sketch-3The last version is simply a stretched out version of the original sketch. Since I still wanted to try another landscape version, I simply took the sketch and extended it out on the sides and pinched it a bit top and bottom. Again, all the pieces are in the same places, but now the dimensions of them are a bit different (wider than longer). I really love the balance of shapes and sizes in this one, and it was the one that made the final cut! Final So there you have it - one sketch 3 different ways with minimal changes! Image using this technique to crank out your Christmas cards this year - each one would be totally unique, but you would have them done in no time flat! I hope this little tip has inspired you to get krafty! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment