16 July 2018

Krafty Tips & Tutes

Good morning everyone! 
Welcome to a Krafty Tips & Tutes post!

This week, Krafty Girl, Melany, is showing you how to use stamps as a scrapbooking layout embellishment.

She used an older rubber stamp that is not available anymore, but any cute, sassy and fun stamp could do the trick.  Maybe Darling Dragon, Mini Monsters, Smell Like Teen Spirit, Troll Trouble or anyone that would fit your layout's mood.

Hi there, it's Krafty Girl Melany and I'll show you some ways you could use your KKS stamps on scrapbooking layouts.
For this layout, I used Angry Ballerina with Wicked Black Ink


Just like we would do for a card, I color my image with coodinating colors and I fussy cut it. On this layout, I used it in an embellishment cluster; I put some thread behind to make it pop. This becomes my major cluster.

Here's my layout


In bonus, here's how I made my handstitched title:

First, I print my title on a regular paper and cut the words to play with the placement. When I'm happy with it, I glue it down with repositionnable tape on my layout

Then, I pierce my stitching holes, following the printed letters

It's time to stitch

Here's the result

You could use your stamps as a layout embellishment in many ways.

You could make your stamped image interact with your pictures like I did in this layout

Or you could use it multiple times to nest your picture in like I did in this one

Your imagination is the limit!  Can't wait to see how YOU will use your stamp in a scrapbooking layout. Come to show it on our FB group.

Happy scrappin', Happy kraftin'! 
Have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment