29 November 2018

Krafty Tips and Tuts - Copic Winter Scene


Hello everyone! Krafty Girl Delphine here today to share a step-by-step tutorial on how to colour a simple winter scene in Copics! For my card, I chose to use the adorable Reindeer Games stamp set - a must have for all your winter cards! 

I stamped a reindeer and the little house from the set in Wicked Black Hybrid Ink and then die cut my image with an MFT Die. As you can see below, I left a blank space at the bottom on the left - I will add another reindeer on foam squares in that space at the end.


I used my Krafty Scenery Stencil to make the black line of the hill longer, using a Copic multiliner, and I also used it to draw a mountain on the right with my B000 Copic. I coloured the sky in B000 and B00, sweeping from left to right and right to left.


Then I added a few shapes in the background in G20 and V20, to suggest trees in the distance. I then coloured the snow in C1, V20 and BG000 (in that order).


I coloured the little house in E51, 53 - E04 and E77 for the door, Y00 and E77 for the window. 


I then coloured my reindeer (plus another one that will be added on the left on foam squares). The browns I used are E71, 74, 77 and E40, 41, 42 for the light brown. I added R20 and E41 to the inside of the ears to tone them down a bit, Y26 for the collar, and R35, 39, G46 for the holly.


I stamped a sentiment from the Reindeer Games stamp set and added my second reindeer on foam squares for a bit of dimension. 


I then layered my die-cut scene with another MFT die cut and put it on my card. Oh and I added a few white dots in acrylic paint for snow gently falling. 


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will find it helpful to create simple winter scenes! And don't forget to share all your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps make in our Facebook group, we love seeing them! Have a great day, everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment