06 May 2019

Krafty Tips and Tuts - Savannah!


Hello everyone! Krafty Girl Delphine Delphine here today to share a step-by-step tutorial on a savannah scene make. I have used a super sweet giraffe from the Wild World set and decided to give it a background.


I die cut a piece of paper and airbrushed it using my Copics. I used YR07, 16 then Y15, 11 to suggest a sunset scene.


I then drew a background, using the chisel nibs of my C7 and C9 to create the ground, then I doodled the rest in Copic multiliners. For the blades of grass in the foreground, I used my Copic Small Brush Multiliner.


I stamped the giraffe from the Wild World Set in Wicked Black Hybrid Ink, did some fussy cutting and coloured it in Copics. Quick tip: I coloured the whole body without paying attention to the dark "spots" of the giraffe, much easier to place the shadows than going around all the little details ;)! On the photo above, I used E41 and E50 only - you will see the rest of the colouring below!



I put my savannah background on a card base, then added my coloured giraffe on foam pads for a bit of dimension. Here are all the colours I used:

Giraffe: E29, 41, 50, 99, W1, 3
Background/ Sky: Y11, 15, YR07, 16
Background/ Black: C7, 9, Copic multiliners


And I thought why not put a frame? That would make a nice gift! 
Thank you very much for stopping by, have a great day everyone! 

1 comment: