06 January 2020

KRAFTY TIPS AND TUTES - using KKS inks to create matching embossing paste

Hello Krafty Friends!
Krafty Girl Danielle C. here today
to share a tip to match the color of your texturing medium, embossing paste
with a selected Krafty Kolours Hybrid Ink .

I tested different paste/gel medium that I had in my stash: 
Including Glass beads gel and white opaque flakes texture gel,
and got very satisfying results with all.
I would like to draw your attention to the following difference between paste and gel: 
paste, will dry opaque; whereas gel will dry clear
both are nice, depending on the effect you want to create.


I suggest to  prepare small quantities of the mix at a time (ie. one tablespoon), as it keeps well in a small container, protected with a plastic wrap, but will dry with time.
to obtain desired intensity,  add as many drops of ink as needed,
to make the texture even more interesting,
I add glitter, mini glass beads, flakes etc.

Now a fun way to create a different look on your projects.
Before I add paste to give texture,
 I like to create a background by brushing ink using the same stencil  I will use to add texture on my project. It gives an interesting dimention.
Below, I brushed Bubbly Blue, and Stormy Sky very lightly in some areas, 
before selecting the shapes I wanted to emphasize.



To make sure I don't spread paste where not needed,
I use post-it to limit the area I want to apply paste.




Another tip to add an interesting detail is to mix two shades of inks  for mapping, and a very contrasting one for embossing. as seen on the image at the right, with the little gingerbread house where  I used Charming Chartreuse and Stormy Sky inks with Lot's o' Dots stencil to create the base of the stencil work, then, I added the texture paste on selected shapes.

A piece of advice: soon after you finished stenciling,
clean your stencils rapidly, it will save you the difficult process of trying to remove the dried medium.



Below other examples of projects on which I made my own colored paste, and
used the above techiques.





Hope you try your own recipes, and come show us on the Krafty Friends Facebook page!
Happy Krafting!





1 comment: