23 March 2020

KRAFTY TIPS AND TUTES - Zoodles card



Hello Krafty Friends!
Krafty Girl Danielle C here today inviting you to follow me in  making a cute card with the brand new ZOODLE stamp set from Neda Sadreddin.



Following is a list of everything I used.


Bristol Velum Paper
Polychromos Pencils : 
Red: 225-142-126-121-189-140
green: 267-266-171-205
Y-ellow/Brown: 175-176-182-108-184
Black,  white
cold greys: 230-232-234-235
warm greys: 270-272-274

Kraftin' Kimmie Hybrid inks:


Coloring Process
From left to right: Step 1: shadow mapping with darkest red ( 225) ; Step 2:  shading and blending with 142 and 126, I also added black in the nose area, mouth and eyes; Step 3: I continue extending my colors towards the center with softer reds (121 and 189). for the mouth area I used a blend of warm greys, starting with the darkest to the lightest getting close to the nose area. Step 4: The eyes are colored with blends of  cold grey, starting with the darkest where the two eyes meet, and getting lighter towards the pupil and the remaining part of the eyes. Same with the two little horns (called ossicones). 


I chose to color the patches in green, to keep a certain harmony  with the parrot.
I fussycut my images.


The colors I used for the parrot.



Background Process
Creating a background is a fun way to get creative! I used the lovely Confetti Stencil  with the Yummy Yellow, Morning Marigold and Crisp Crimson inks. I brushed the colors starting with the red in the middle, it took a few repetition to get the shade I wanted. I let the ink dry, and applied the Morning Marigold, on both sides of the red, ending with a slight stroke to bring the Yummy Yellow softer shade. Then I positioned my stencil at the top only, brushed slightly a coat of red close to the red area and gradually went very light towards the top, to be able to add Morning Marigold darker at first, and very light towards the top of the paper. Then, I inked all borders with Morning Marigold followed by Crisp Crimson.  Of course... I had to add stickles !!!!



I then matted my background on a red cardstock, placed it on the base of my card; I positioned my letters, leaving space for the giraffe in the middle, then placing my parrot on top of the "S".  I thought there was something missing in the right corner, so I colored a blue-green monkey offering the banana to the giraffe.. who looks pretty surprised, all this on the eyes of Mr. Parrot!  Perhaps bananas are not part of her diet!!!
et voilà.....


Hope you have enjoyed the process! and that will give you plenty of ideas to create fun cards with ZOODLES and any other fantasy creatures from the
KRAFTIN KIMMIE COLLECTION!
Stay Safe!
Kraft a lot!
KEEP SMILING!






No comments:

Post a Comment