04 September 2024

Inspirational Wednesday - Stone Age Friends!

      Hello Krafty Friends!

It's INSPIRATIONAL WEDNESDAY,
the day we provide you with a bit of extra krafty inspiration
to help you get creative with your krafty stamps!


Hi everyone!  It's Danielle and this week we are featuring the Stone Age Friends! stamp set, as well as the Animal Adventure stencil, which you'll find on sale at... wait for it... 50% off all week! 

 
To make this card, I started with a 
panel of kraft cardstock and blended 
through the Animal Adventure stencil with 
Sandy Shores ink and then added
some Rich Rust for additional
shading and depth.  The die cut
sentiment has Creamy Caramel
and Rich Rust inks blended over it. 
I colored the sweet cave mama
and babe with copic markers. 
The boulders and grass patch are from
two older die cut sets that worked 
perfectly with this stamp and theme.
This year I made myself a goal
to use more of my older crafting
products and stash as much as 
possible. The large HUGS sentiment
is another of those older items.

In retrospect, I wish I had given the 
background a more fun color - like
the Ink of the Month, Raspberry Rose.
I might have to try a second card version
now and see what I like better, lol. 

I was having so much fun with these
products that I made a second card too!

I started with the same kraft background
but this time I sponged Creamy Caramel
ink all over it first.  Then I placed the 
Animal Adventure stencil over the top 
and blended Marvellous Mocha ink onto it. 
I colored the caveman with copic markers.
Isn't he handsome?

Here's a closer look at this handsome dude

The card front was so busy with all the
die cuts used for the scene that I decided
to leave a sentiment off and put it on
the inside instead.  
 
I used the ink that was already still
on the stencil and just brushed over it
again to get the softer color.  
Such a fun sentiment too. 

Be sure you head to the shop and add Stone Age Friends! and Animal Adventure! to your cart while they're 50% off!! (while supplies last ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment