02 April 2017

Spotlight on Krafty Girl Deborah!

Hey yall!  Krafty Girl Tangii here, next up on SPOTLIGHT ON A KRAFTY GIRL is Deborah!  We've sent a list of "We wanna know's" to each of the Krafty Girls and the beginning of each month we'll share their answers with you!  

This is Miss Deborah...

 1. How long have you been krafting and what got you started?  I started with crafting after high school, when I was around 20 years old. I saw a scrapbooking box in a local bookstore and I was very interested. I bought that box and started to search for scrapbooking on the internet. I didn’t find that much info, but I started on my scrapbook anyway. I was so proud of it when it was ready, but now I think it’s so ugly, haha! My aunt made 3D cards and when it became winter, I did the same thing. It was great to watch tv and cutting the image at the same time. First I made 3D cards, I just cut the image and glued it to a card with a golden or silver sticker sentiment. Then I saw that there were stickers in figures and I coloured them in with some gel pens on cards, glass or plastic. And then there was a time when I discovered stamping and since then I’m hooked! I started my blog in October 2010 and I was colouring using my Derwent Coloursoft pencils and a few weeks later I bought a lot of Copic markers second hand. In January 2011 I found the stamping love of my life: Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps!!!

2. What is your favorite Reason/Season to kreate?  I always love to kreate around spring. It’s still too cold to be outside and the days are getting longer, more sunshine, the trees are in blossom.... There’s always a bunch of new craft stuff in the craft stores with tons of pretty papers and happy colours. Just my kind of things.

3. What is your favorite krafty tool? That must be the Misty tool! It gives you the most perfect image and you can do different techniques with it. 


4. What is your “go to” source for inspiration when your mojo has taken a vacay?      If I need some inspiration, I take a look at Pinterest or Instagram and I search for sketches or just looking at cards from others and going through my stamps and dies and see what’s never been used before. 

5. What is your favorite paper line? That’s so easy! I love very happy colours and cute designs, so Echo Park and Doodlebug are my favorite! I’m always amazed at their new lines and I like it so much that they always have coordinated enamel dots, I think that’s my biggest addiction lately. I hoarded so much paper over the years and now I don’t use that many paper anymore, so I try to buy not too much paper lately. Now I only buy paper if I don’t own anything like that (design, colours,…) 

6. What is your favorite coloring medium, type and/or brand (markers, watercolor pencils, chalk pencils, combination of, etc.)?  I don’t need to think about that, my Copic markers! I really enjoy colouring with them and I do it on Neenah White Solar by Crafter’s Companion. It’s a perfect match for me. Lately I try to finish my colouring using some of my old Derwent Coloursoft pencils. I’m thinking about buying a box Faber Castell Polychromo’s, but it’s so expensive. 

7. What is your biggest challenge when krafting? The time! Some people are making a card in 2 hours and I in about 6 hours or so. I’m such a slacker. I wished I could colour and get the card together a bit faster. But hey, it’s a hobby, so you do it for fun!

8. What other hobbies do you have?  It has something  to do with colouring too, make-up! I’m currently following a class to become a make-up artist. I hope that a dream can come true. I really enjoy making people prettier and more confident than they already are. 

We also asked for some eye-candy!!! We ALL love pictures!!!  Here's a pic of Deborah's Kreative Space!  "That's my craftspace in our living room. The desk at the left and the closet is all mine, the desk at the left is from my boyfriend. So we can be together in the evening when he's working on his computer and I can crafting on my desk. You can spot the emty petbed under the desk. Well, that's for my cat. She always want to be with me and enjoys sleeping there."


Next up we have Deborah's FIRST KKS Kreation... This is LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD, love those colors?!?!?  (Red is no longer available).

And last, but certainly NOT least, we asked for something using either her favorite Stamp set or her favorite card... This is Deborah's favorite card, it features a stamp from the ALL STAR set!  Deborah says this is her favorite because... "I just love the colour combo, the sparkling behind the image and the fun and happy feeling you get when you see this stamp."

Well that's a wrap!!!  We hope you enjoyed this Spotlight on a Krafty Girl, we hope you'll tune in every month!  Be sure to check out Deborah's blog, here!  Don't forget to tell her "hi" when ya stop by!

1 comment: