10 February 2020

Krafty Tips and Tuts - Think out of the box!

Hello everyone! Krafty Girl Delphine here today to share a step-by-step tutorial on how to give life to a stamp, by thinking a bit... out of the box! For this tutorial, I'm using an adorable beaver from the YOU'RE GNAW-SOME stamp set.


I stamped my image in Wicked Black Ink on a rectangular piece of paper and drew a line in BG0000 to mark the limit of my colouring and you can see I left a piece of balloon out of my box. I then created a simple background colouring a sky in B00, then the ground in E40, 42, 43 and I then added a strip of grass in YG01, 03, 17 and G28.


I then added details to my background to make it a bit more "real", some bushes in G28, YG03, 17 and a few shapes in the distance, using V20 and G20 to have soft tones. In the top left corner, I suggested leaves using the brush nibs of my G20, YG17 and YG03 Copics.


Next I coloured my little beaver using E74, 77, 79 for the tail and feet and to give him a richer colour, I shaded his fur in T1,3 where the fur was darkest (source of light on the top right) and went over my Ts using E30, 31, 34. For the balloon, I used R22, 24, 56, 59.


I stamped a Love sentiment and added a few more details : a little bird in the sky and I "drew" fur on the left of my beaver using fineliners to give it more depth... and voilĂ ! 


Thank you very much for your visit, have a great Monday! Hugs,
Delphine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment