09 March 2020

Krafty Tips and Tuts

Good morning everyone!

Krafty Girl Melany here to share with you my layout process using YOU GIVE ME WINGSFURRY HOLIDAY WISHES stamps set, some KRAFTY DOTS and WICKED BLACK Krafty Kolour.

First, I try to grab anything I could use for this layout. I kind of make a mini-kit.

Then, I make my KKS embellishments; this time, I used 2 fairies from YOU GIVE ME WINGS and 2 sentiments from FURRY HOLIDAY WISHES.

But first, lets start with those 2 cute fairies.

I colored their faces with E50, E51, E53, E02, E04
Then, colored their hairs with E31, E33, E35, E37
For their wand, I used YG00, YG21, YG 23
Time for their dresses and wings with BG10, BG32, BG13, BG18, R20, R22, R24, R29

Now, let's get some definition and sparkles
Fussy cutting and outlining with a brush marker

Time for those 2 sentiments
I cut them and colored them with the same colors as the wands. Added some sparkles and definitions too

My KKS embellishments are done. Now, let's work on the picture cluster. I matted my photo with some assorted paper. I tried to find colors and patterns that fit with my background. I chose some reds and turquoises. For more textures, I like to tear my papers with my ruler instead of cutting them.  I machine stitched my title. I outlined all the layers.

I machine stitched a border at the top and the bottom of the page


Now, the embellishing part!

I made my 2 KKS embellishments clusters. One at the bottom and one at the top of the picture. It makes a diagonal line that draws your eyes throught the picture


Twine is one of my favorite thing to add to a layout to add some interest and texture

Time for little embellishments; flair badge, puffy stickers...

Final touches: Krafty dots, black doodling and journaling



VOILÀ! My layout is done! Here's the final product. I hope you'll try to add some KKS to your layout! They add so much whimsy and fun


Happy Krafting!
Melany

No comments:

Post a Comment