17 August 2020

Krafty Tips and Tuts

Hi everyone! Krafty Girl Melany here with a Krafty tuts on making fun tags with watercolors and embossing resist like these two


You will need:
-KKS stamp set(s). I'm using Slothsome Day and What's the Scoop?
-KKS stencil(s). I'm using Trippy Triangles and Pattern Parade
-Krafty Kolour Inks. I'm using Charming Chartreuse, Mermaid Melody, Raspberry Rose and Summer Sunshine
-Krafty Dots. I'm using the Fruity Dots
-Twine
-Watercolor paper
-Watercolor paint
-Embossing ink and embossing powder
-Black cardstock
-More embellishments if you want/need

My color inspiration for those tags are the Fruity Dots
Let's begin!

1) I cut my watercolor paper at 3 1/2x8

2) I cut the upper corners to form my tags. I use the 1st corner and flip it over. It helps me to have the same angle as the 1st one

3) I stamp and emboss my images. I'm not too worry that the images are not very crisp. I think it adds a messy detail that I like

4) While my embossing stuff is out, I'm embossing my sentiments with white on black cardstock. I added some details with my white Gelly Roll pen

5)Time for me watercoloring!  Taping one of my tags on a board. (You don't have to, but my paper is pretty cheap and flimsy so it warps very easily!)

6) With a big brush, I'm adding clear water everywhere on the tag; this will help the colors to spread out

7) For the 1st one, I chose blue and green. I apply very loosely and tilt the board to help the colors to spread and blend. I will dry and repeat until I'm happy with the color saturation

8) Then I added splatters

9) For more background detail, I'm using stencils and inks


10) Outlining some of the shapes

11) Adding reinforcers that I inked with one of the colors I used with the stencils

12) For more contrast, I inked in black around the tags

13) I decided to add assorted doilies to ground the sentiments and I stitched them in black


14)  On my "You're Super Cool!" tag, I added one more ice cream as an embellishment. I used
RV13
RV14
RV29
RV69
for the ice cream and
E31
E33 E37
for the cone


15) Time for final details, twine and black splatters. Et voilĂ !

Thanks for stopping! Can't wait to see your watercolor tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment