09 November 2020

Krafty Tips & Tuts: Making a Scrapbooking Layout

 Good morning everyone!

Welcome to a new Tips & Tuts. Krafty Girl Melany here with a picture by picture scrapbooking layout process. I hope you'll follow along with me. Sit back, grab a drink and a pair of scissors, and let's go!


First, I chose my stamp set and a collection to work with. It helps me to pick colors for my stamped images. Today, I'm playing with the TRENDY TEES ICONS stamp set.

I will use these icons to make a stitched banner that will decorate my layout


I cut some small images to add to the banner and to the layout



I outlined the small tags to make them pop

Time for the banner:
a) on a piece of tissue paper, I glued the icons. This will help on the stitching phase

 

b) Stitching with the sewing machine



c) Removing the tissue paper behind the banner (I must admit that this step was a kind of a pain in the butt! lol!)

Here's a fun banner to decorate your layout!

I chose this Crate Paper polka dotted paper for my background. I think it adds to the whimsy of my icons banner

Adding some mats under the pictures to make them pop

I "cheated cut" my pink paper to make it look bigger!

I popped up one of my photo with fun foam

My base is done. Time for smaller paper details
a) I stamped the "ROCK ON" icon on a fish tail banner. It will add a fun detail to one of my pic

b) I cut the top left corner of my page to add a touch of color and 2 tags to bring your eyes to the banner

c) I added some fussy cut books to add some details on the left side and a small tag on the main pic

Since I don't know what to do with the down right side of the layout yet, I decided to work on my title while I'm thinking about it

a) I always put my title on wax paper, so I can move it around to see where I want to put it

b) I decided to put my smaller word on some tags to ground it. I machine stitched it to add some texture

Here's what I've decided to do with my down right corner. I tried to add all of the 3 main colors and sewed the cluster. Now, I have a nice diagonal of sewing: the banner, the title and the down cluster

Time for smaller "non paper" embellishments. I went very simple with only 1 puffy sticker, white twine and the teal dots from the POLAR DOTS to bring a bit more of the teal that's in the little flower from the banner. I outlined the dots to make them pop

 

And now, here's the final result! I can't wait to see your take on this layout!

Have a very nice day!

1 comment: