26 February 2023

Birthday Crop Challenge # 8 - Create a Slimline Card!

 


 
Hello, everyone! Tamara here!

Welcome to Kraftn' Kimmie Stamps Birthday Crop Challenge #8: Create a Slimline Card!

I am going to show you how I created a super cute slimline card using Love Bugs

Did you know that this adorable stamp set is 50% off? This weekend only, so don't miss out!



What you need:

  1. Love Bugs stamps set (or another set of your choosing)
  2. Totally Taupe Krafty Kolours Ink 
  3. Wicked Black Krafty Kolours Ink
  4. 1  - 12x12 solid cardstock   
  5. 3 - 6x6 patterned cardstock
  6. 1 - 5x7 masking paper
  7. 1 - Watercolour paper
  8. 1 - Watercolours
  9. Adhesive (liquid glue and double sided tape) 
  10. Trimmer 
  11. Stamping Platform 
  12. 1 8x9 white cardstock folded in half lengthwise (for card base) 
  13. Micron 005 Pen (optional) 
  14. T Square Ruler (optional) 
  15. Scissors

 

Step one

Cut your card face and squares. I have dies that match the sizes I wanted to use, but it is not needed. 

Cut a 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch piece from your solid cardstock to use as the card face.

Cut 3 large squares at 2 1/2 x 2 1/2  inches using your 6x6 patterned cardstock.

Cut 3 small squares at 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches using your watercolour paper.



Step Two

With your masking paper, cut 12 strips with a width of 5 mm. I cut my 5x7 masking paper width wise so that I ended up with 12 pieces at 5 inches long and 5 mm wide.Then, I had enough to use for my images, as shown in the following step.

Using the masking strips, tape the edges of the small squares to create a border on each.


Step Three

Stamp out your images on masking paper and fussy cut.
 
 
 
Now, you can create a scene and use your masks when needed.

 
I stamped my critters first, then masked them, and stamped the flower below. I used Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Totally Taupe Krafty Kolours Ink for a no line effect on the watercolour paper.



Step Four

Paint your images. I am not an expert in painting, so anything goes. However,  I did try to use colours that matched with my patterned papers. 


Step Five

Once you are done painting, and your images are dry, you can take the masking border off. I chose to use a Micron pen and casually outline the images. This is optional. 

I also decided to stamp a sentiment on each image. 




Step Six

Glue your large squares onto the card face. And then glue the small squares with your watercoloured images onto the large squares. I used a T Square ruler to help me with the placement. 


Step Seven

Glue your card face onto the base.
 


 Optional A10 Slimline Envelope



What you will need:

  1. 1 12x12 solid cardstock
  2. Trimmer
  3. Scoreboard
  4. Scissors


No comments:

Post a Comment